We are Tim and Shelly and we are on our journey to adopt a little boy from China.

Join us as we travel on our journey...


Tuesday, January 4, 2011

We are on our third day home today.  We definitely have jet lag.  Each night we are in bed by 7pm.  Caleb is restless by 3 or 4 am.  I am usually up at 3am.  I try to get up to get some things done like bill paying or blog posting (like this morning).  Then I try to get back into bed and by then Caleb is wide awake.  I have been a zombie.  To talk is like work.

Saturday when we woke up we spent the whole day inside.  This was good.  We put most of our travel stuff away.  Friday night I did 5 loads of laundry and Saturday we put it all away.  We opened some gifts for Caleb Saturday morning.  He got Elefun, Curious George, a dump truck, clothes, bubble bath stuff and other things.  He had many other things waiting for him in his room.  With fixing breakfast, lunch and dinner, playing and such the day was gone.  Again we went to bed early.  We got up on Sunday and decided to try church.

We knew that we would be going in to the parent/child room.  We decided to go into the sanctuary while the music was played and we sang.  Of course, I got teared up as I sang and held Caleb.  He just watched the whole time.  Each time I was in church waiting for Caleb, I would think of that day.  The day he would be in church with us praising God for all that he has done in our lives.  We left the sanctuary and headed for the parent/child room.  He did well for most of the time but then the last 10 minutes or so he wanted out.  He wanted water and to run.  I stayed out while Tim could listen to the service.  We will probably need to do this for awhile.

Weston had his 3rd birthday party and I did not think I was going to go with how I have been feeling, but I decided to go.  We headed to Hastings and when we got there there were a lot of people there.  Caleb clung to me and did not want to take off his coat.  This was okay, but I was thinking that we should not stay.  Once we brought him upstairs out of all the people and let him play with Weston's toys he opened up.  He did really well.  Again, he is very social.  He was jumping on the bed with the other kids and playing with all the trains.  We got home and went to bed.

Monday we got up, I went to the post office to get our held mail and took Caleb with me.  He did well again so I decided to go to Target to get him a tooth brush (did I tell you he loves to brush his teeth and he wore out the one I brought to China?  Granted it was a cheap toothbrush...), toothpaste, a bath mat and a mattress cover for him.  When we got home from Target we stayed in the rest of the day.  I took down the large Christmas tree while he played with his toys.  He helped me vacuum the room after the tree was down. We opened all of our mail and payed some bills and organized things.  We played in his room a lot to get him used to that.    Again, got to bed early.

This morning I was up at 3am.  Caleb got up about 5:30am.  We went downstairs to take a bath in our new bathroom.  It worked well.  The tub down there is lower so I can feel comfortable sitting on the floor and playing with all the tub toys.  He loves to play in the tub.  He got dressed, we have had breakfast and are watching cartoons right now.














3 comments:

Tina said...

Gosh, I guess I should be reading these at work. I am tearing up looking at those pictures of him playing with the other kids at the party. So sweet. And to think of all the changes in his life, children playing together crosses all of that.

I also love that you went to church with him. I can just imagine that feeling and those songs they sung as you hold your son! Amazing.

Sounds like you are slowly able to do normal life things with Caleb and he adapting well to all of that. Praise God!

Love you guys and am so happy to see you in your home with your son! Will look forward to the day when we can meet Caleb! Anna is ready to greet him. Hehe! :)

Jen said...

Welcome home!!!! Sounds like Caleb is doing really well. Sorry to hear about the jet lag... it is rough but it too shall pass. I loved following your trip and I look forward to watching your blog for new pics of him often... hint, hint :)

Shelley said...

Shelly~I am so thrilled to see Caleb playing with the other children in those pictures. What a smile he has! I know you love seeing it. And I know EXACTLY what you mean about tears in church. I still cry often while I'm there. I look at my girls and I am so very, very thankful they will grow up in a country where they have the freedom to worship. Welcome Home Melser Family!! Love~ Shelley

Post a Comment

Where are they from?

   

Our furbaby Romeo, is no longer with us.

Our furbaby Montie