We are Tim and Shelly and we are on our journey to adopt a little boy from China.

Join us as we travel on our journey...


Wednesday, January 13, 2010

This week we have been hearing more of the same news---that the Ministry will be processing all 2009 dossiers within a few months! One message said again they would be matching within two months. Another message said that the Ministry is committed to completing files within 3 months. Travel approvals for those that have referrals should be here by the end of January! So we are hearing all of this consistent information from different sources.

I am very excited by this news. I feel like getting back on track with what I left off doing September of last year. That is, collecting information for travel checklists and making sure we are prepared to bring all that we need when we travel. I know travel may be a ways off, but you never know!

I am really looking forward to having months off from work. Tim and I are due a vacation. I have saved my vacation and sick leave for years planning for this adoption. I wanted to have my maternity leave completely paid for and still have plenty left over for time off with my little one. Tim has not taken much time off from work so he just needs a vacation. I hope the trip is not too stressful.

We meet our new counselor next Tuesday. We have a list of questions she and the Director are going to answer and I hope we can get some good information from them.

1 comments:

Andrew and Heather Robinson said...

Hello! This is Heather and Andrew Robinson from Washington state. We are also adopting from Nepal, and were registered with the Ministry on 12/15/09. Our agency received the same information yours did, and I've been hearing the same things from other PAP's agencies. Here's to hoping our children come home this year! If you'd like to following our blog, the address is, http://cheekyrobinsons.blogspot.com/.
Many blessings to you. —Heather

Post a Comment

Where are they from?

   

Our furbaby Romeo, is no longer with us.

Our furbaby Montie