We are Tim and Shelly and we are on our journey to adopt a little boy from China.

Join us as we travel on our journey...


Tuesday, October 19, 2010

For my birthday!

5:46 PM
4

I am late in posting this, but here goes anyway.  So last Thursday was my birthday and we were waiting for our "cable".  In the adoption world this is when our I-800 is approved and the National Visa Center(NVC) emails (cables) our approval to the consulate.  I had emailed the NVC to see if our case was entered into their system and it had been as of 10/12/10.  I had a feeling we were cabled on my birthday (10/14/10) but no email arrived in my inbox.  Tim and I celebrated my birthday and I really didn't think about it.  But then the next morning at work all I could think about was that we were cabled and we didn't know it yet. 

At this stage, PAPs want to get this approval via email to quickly send it off to their agency because the agency needs to send it off right away so that we can wait for our next step, Article 5.  So Friday, the 15th came and I again emailed the NVC and was quickly sent the approval via email.  It was dated 10/14/10--my birthday--happy birthday to me!  Any step finished in this process would be a great birthday present.  I emailed it to our agency who does not work on Fridays, but got an email from a gal there that said she got it and will have it ready to be sent to China on Monday.  So long story short I got what I wanted!

But then as I opened my email account I found two emails from Sheri and Katherine with Giftstochinawithlove.com--this is the care package company that we used and would highly recommend them!!!  We got pictures of Caleb at his birthday party we gave him from afar.  His house mama and baba actually gave it to him and they were so gracious and said they would make sure they gave him a party...makes my heart melt.  So enjoy as I have!!



 



I love this photo!

What beautiful, interesting cakes they have.  I really wish I could show all the photos but the other photos have other children in them.  The children look so giddy it is adorable!  They look so happy!

4 comments:

Sharing Life and Love said...

Caleb is gorgeous. So ready to see him home.

Enjoy the pictures!

Juneau&Kenai said...

Happy birthday! And wonderful news!!!

Lisa said...

What a great birthday present! We are currently updated our paperwork to go the SN route in China. Would you mind if I asked you a few questions about how you came to be on this road? Specifically, we are trying to ascertain what SN we feel we can handle and are trying to talk to as many people as possible who took the same road. Please email me if you wouldn't mind sharing. Thanks!
lisakatev@yahoo.com

Our family's life journey said...

So glad you got new pictures of his birthday party! What a wonderful surprise. I'm so excited to see Caleb in your arms....soon!

April

Post a Comment

Where are they from?

   

Our furbaby Romeo, is no longer with us.

Our furbaby Montie