We are Tim and Shelly and we are on our journey to adopt a little boy from China.

Join us as we travel on our journey...


Tuesday, September 22, 2009

Ponder that!

5:58 PM
1

So it has been one week since I posted last! I really thought I would post more. I have been debating on whether to keep this blog more about our adoption news or to add day to day life stories/thoughts as we wait. I am still not sure…
This past weekend was a nice summer weekend. Tim went on a bike ride all day Saturday and I ventured out to stores to purchase items for travel from our long list. We went to church with my Grandma and took her to lunch. We loved it and I am sad to say I had not done that in awhile. We both love talking with her and learning from her. She is such strong Christian and she shows it. She walks the walk and talks the talk. I pray that I will be more like her.
When I posted last we were getting a lot of news about travel approvals and some referrals. Towards the end of last week we heard from a couple more families about referrals. They are still trickling in! We may not hear much news until Dashain is over. Here is a little bit about the Dashain festival:
“During the month of Kartik (late September and early October), the Nepalese people indulge in the biggest festival of the year, Dashain. Dashain is the longest and the most auspicious festival in the Nepalese annual calendar, celebrated by Nepalese of all caste and creed throughout the country. The fifteen days of celebration occurs during the bright lunar fortnight ending on the day of the full moon. Thorough out the kingdom of Nepal the goddess Durga in all her manifestations are worshiped with innumerable pujas, abundant offerings and thousands of animal sacrifices for the ritual holy bathing, thus drenching the goddess for days in blood.”
Since this festival ends on October 3rd I think we will hear more good news in early October.
When I got home this evening there were a few posts on the Yahoo group about some referrals. We will take it—anything, any news! Yeah for those families that have received referrals!

These verse spoke to me today--
James 1:27
“Pure and genuine religion in the sight of God the Father means caring for the orphans and widows in their distress and refusing to let the world corrupt you.”

When I read this verse I feel so happy that God had a plan all along. We are to be a visible picture to the world of what God is doing for us--we are His orphans! Bringing a child into our home will be glorifying Him.

Another little bit from "Hope for the Journey: an adoption companion" from Shaohannah's Hope (I love this two week devotional study. It is one of the best pieces of literature that I have received while on this journey. I read it every day!)--"Adoption is the visible gospel". Ponder that!

Although we went through some very sad times in the last years I have learned a lot about God, people, family and friends. I am a much stronger person because of all we went through. I know these past years of waiting will all make sense when we are holding our son!

1 comments:

Tina said...

What a beautiful post. It is so hard to see the plan that God has for us but I have faith that we will see it at some point in time. And I do love being able to look back and see the positives from a difficult journey!

Post a Comment

Where are they from?

   

Our furbaby Romeo, is no longer with us.

Our furbaby Montie