We are Tim and Shelly and we are on our journey to adopt a little boy from China.

Join us as we travel on our journey...


Wednesday, October 21, 2009

I thought the last day of Tihar was October 19th, then I read on the web that some were saying it was October 20th. I figured the source I took it from was wrong until I saw on Nepalnews.com(written on Tuesday, October 20th) that…

“The people of Newar community are celebrating Bhai Tika, the main and final day of Tihar, on Tuesday. The other Nepalis, however, celebrated the same occasion on Monday.
As the Newar community observed ‘Mha Puja (worshipping one’s own body) yesterday, they are celebrating Bhai Tika today.
This is the first time that the final day of Tihar, Bhai Tika is being observed on two days.” Nepalnews.com

This might explain why I couldn’t find a definitive answer on the web.

Well either way, the festival is over and there is no word of anything, not a peep, nothing...waiting...

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Where are they from?

   

Our furbaby Romeo, is no longer with us.

Our furbaby Montie