We are Tim and Shelly and we are on our journey to adopt a little boy from China.

Join us as we travel on our journey...


Tuesday, October 27, 2009

My Love for Nepal

9:19 AM
0

Throughout this past year that we have been waiting in our journey to adopt from Nepal, I have been reading a lot about Nepal and adoption in general. Prior to choosing Nepal as the country our child was born in, I knew nothing of beautiful Nepal. I am not even sure I could have told you a year ago that Mount Everest was in Nepal. I am embarrassed to say that, but it is true.
I am now amazed at how this country has grown in my heart. Not just because I know it is the birth country of my son, but because it is truly a grand country. The rich culture, beautiful landscapes, and the meaning of family and friends to the Nepali people is why I have grown to love it so much.
I cannot say that I would have thought about Nepal if it had not been for this journey. I know that God has a perfect plan and his plan for us was to adopt from Nepal and to be connected with this country. Now I blog to tell all I can about this country and the need for adoption!
I cannot wait to meet my son! This will be the most special and blessed day of our lives. I also cannot wait to see what the future holds. My hope is that my family can travel to Nepal with us at least once when we bring our son back to visit his birth country. A LOT of things go through a person’s mind when waiting in the adoption process...

The picture below is (sorry not a good quality photo) a photo from National Geographic and I use it as my desktop photo. It is an absolutely beautiful photo. It is how I picture everything outside of Kathmandu. I realize it is from 1977, but it is still how I picture it there. If you want to see how beautiful the photo really is go to the National Geographic website and search for "Nepal 1977".


0 comments:

Post a Comment

Where are they from?

   

Our furbaby Romeo, is no longer with us.

Our furbaby Montie