We are Tim and Shelly and we are on our journey to adopt a little boy from China.

Join us as we travel on our journey...


Wednesday, October 14, 2009

A Little Catch Up

11:57 AM
0

So I last posted that the two weeks of Dashain were the longest two weeks of our wait so far. What I was not aware of when I said that was that many Nepali people take off the time between the Dashain festival and the Tihar festival. They spend time with family and friends--how awesome. But now I can say that the last month has been the longest wait.

It sounds like the Tihar festival will go through October 19th and then the Ministry of Women and Children and Social Welfare should be back to working on adoption processing. I really do hope that we will hear lots of news in the next few weeks! I believe that there are matches made and waiting to be sent but we will see in the next couple of weeks if more PAPs (prospective adoptive parents) get referrals. I would guess that we will start hearing about travel approvals for those that have recently received referrals too.

Over the weekend I went to my cousins wedding reception in Zimmerman. There were a lot of kids there. As I spoke to people and watched the kids run around I couldn't help but think how I wished my son were here, he would have had a lot of fun. I thought that same thing when we went to an apple orchard a few weeks back. I think of him always. I pray that he is safe and that he would have peace to know that Mommy and Daddy will be coming to meet and bring him home soon.

The weather has gotten cold here in Minnesota this week. Over the weekend we saw our first snow fall (the photo below is what we saw at home over the weekend--this was way too early). Then on Monday we had at least an inch that stuck around for a few days. I need to get a lot done before our actual winter starts. I hope we get some decent weather so we can finish up our fall chores. Then we can settle in for the winter, maybe work on finishing another room in the basement and pray that we get a referral. I have been sick for two and a half weeks so far. I hope to get over this soon, however my symptoms have worsened and now I have more of them. I am so sick of my bed! So far I have been out of work for three days due to my illness. I hate that. I hope to get back on my feet this weekend. I have been able to read my Nepal books though!

Nothing to report on the adoption front but will keep you all posted when we hear more news!




0 comments:

Post a Comment

Where are they from?

   

Our furbaby Romeo, is no longer with us.

Our furbaby Montie