We are Tim and Shelly and we are on our journey to adopt a little boy from China.

Join us as we travel on our journey...


Tuesday, November 9, 2010

Christmas Decorating

2:48 PM
2

Merry Christmas 2010 Pictures, Images and Photos

When I came across this photo I got a giddy feeling in my stomach...a feeling of complete happiness that Christmas is coming and so it our little boy!  I really want to be back in the Minnesota with Caleb for Christmas.  What I have really been thinking about lately is when do I decorate for Christmas?  Our family tradition is the day after Thanksgiving.  This year, it may have to be different. We do not know when we will have to leave nor do we know when we will be back.  I want the house to be decorated when he comes home. 

So, do I start now?  I do a lot of decorating inside.  I have tried to do outside decorating and am done with that until I know that our electrical is working.  Tim has not finished the electrical downstairs and that is tied in with the outside outlets.  Two years ago I did a lot of lights outside only to find out that none of the outlets worked.  Do you know how much time it takes to string lights all around the house? 

So I want to know, when do you start decorating for Christmas?  Send me a comment on when you decorate for Christmas and how?  Is it a tradition? I look forward to hearing your stories!

2 comments:

Juneau&Kenai said...

We typically start the day after Thanksgiving but we don't get it done in 1 day. I have lots of Christmas trees in my house -- the more formal one in the living room, the fun one with the homemade ornaments in the basement family room, then 1 mini tree in this big picture window we have in our stairwell leading to the bedrooms upstairs (there's a window seat there, so it sits on that and doesn't block the stairway). I do the outside but not much because Jay is a bit afraid of heights. I'd love more outside! I have those white deer and I hang wreaths and wrap garland around the brick pillar that holds up my awning. Love the question. Can't wait to read more comments!

Tina said...

We usually do it the weekend after Thanksgiving but I think last year I may have done it the weekend before. I would like to have it all decorated so that right after Thanksgiving we are ready. If I were you, I would start now so that it can be done by the time you get word of travels!!!

Post a Comment

Where are they from?

   

Our furbaby Romeo, is no longer with us.

Our furbaby Montie