We are Tim and Shelly and we are on our journey to adopt a little boy from China.

Join us as we travel on our journey...


Wednesday, November 24, 2010

Yesterday afternoon we received word that our agency had our travel approval!  Oh my gosh.  I am so glad that it came even though we may have to wait to hear Monday when we get a consulate appointment. 

This was the second great piece of news that we received yesterday.  The first is an email from Joanna (whom I have to tell you more about).  She has been visiting Hanzhong.  She has been visiting Caleb.  She loves him and has been a huge part of his life (this story will take another blog post for sure!)

Here is her email to us:

Hi Shelly and Tim,
Just a quick email to let you know that I gave Caleb the blanket and teddy bear that you got him. He loved them both, especially the blanket. He held on to it the whole time I was with him and he found the soft edges right away. Today I had lunch with him and his house mama and baba. I told them about you, they were very happy to hear about you. They love Yang Han Xi so much... It was helpful to hear about you guys from me. They pulled out the picture book that you sent Job, and I sat with Job and looked through the book. I asked him who the people were in the picture, and he said, "Mama and Baba". When we got to the picture of your house, his house parents asked him whose house it was. He answered boldly, "It's mine!". :)
That's just a quick update on what's been going on here. I have been spending my mornings with Job, and they have been really special. Today was especially special because we were able to talk about you guys. It was good for both Job and his house mama and baba. I can't wait to send you pictures and tell you more when I get back.
I keep forgetting to measure his feet, I will do that tomorrow. They are big though!!! Also, he is definitely a 4T now! He fit the 4T perfectly.
Thinking of you!!!
Love, Joanna

I still read this and tear up.  You should have seen me at work when I opened this.  I had to run to the bathroom...to think he really knows of us and may recognize who we are in a few weeks!!  God is truly amazing and faithful!

I love you all,

4 comments:

Jen said...

Very, very excited for you guys! To think that he is FINALLY going to meet his mom and dad... priceless!

-Jen

Anonymous said...

Yea! Yea! Yea! Congrats! I can't wait to hear more!!! I'm so excited for you!

Shelley said...

Shelly! It is SO close now! I am so thankful Joanna has been able to talk with Caleb about you guys! I cannot wait to see him in your arms!
Love, Shelley

Desiree' said...

So happy for you and Caleb!! I have been praying for him since our daughter came home from Hanzhong back in 2008!! He is finally coming home..

Post a Comment

Where are they from?

   

Our furbaby Romeo, is no longer with us.

Our furbaby Montie