We are Tim and Shelly and we are on our journey to adopt a little boy from China.

Join us as we travel on our journey...


Sunday, December 26, 2010

We went to the Guangdong Folk Art Museum on Sunday.  It was an okay site to see, but not really kid friendly.  Caleb wanted in to everything.  There were little steps every where and people everywhere.  We bought a Chop for Caleb.  We did some shopping and then had dinner at the Cow and Bridge Thai restaurant.  It was good food!  So, I looked at Caleb's injection site at dinner and we were talking with some families from the US.  One of the sisters of a guy adopting is very knowledgeable in medical stuff since she studied in medical stuff and her husband is a pediatrician.  She is a psychologist.  She thought his bump might be considered positive.  There was an induration (a raised bump--I am not medically word savvy) at the site.  I started praying immediately.  We talked with the families for quite some time and left at 8pm.  We got back to the hotel and we have not been able to give Caleb a bath since he got the TB shot because there is a chance of infection.  We are doing exactly what they tell us!  :)  Of course, I got really worried, got Caleb into bed and then surfed the net for information on what a "bump" could look like if it was positive.  Tim said, "we cannot worry about it, God will get us through, he has this whole time". I was still a little bit of a wreck, but soon realized he was right and God will take care of us and I went to bed.  Of course I prayed before I fell asleep.  I did not want him to have TB of course, but we were also told we would have to stay here an additional two weeks!  I just want to be home!

We got up this morning had breakfast and headed out to walk to the clinic.  We got there, got right in and the nurse did measure it, but quickly said we were okay!  Yeah!  We were so thankful.  We headed down the street and saw a market where they sell a lot of dried items such as lizards, mushrooms, berries.  They are mostly used in tea for good health.  A little farther down the road there was a part of the market where they sell animals such as cats, dogs, fish, turtles, all sorts of things.  It is like a pet store.  We did some more shopping and Caleb got crabby.  When he does not get his way he yells and screams.  I took him out of a store we were buying things in and he threw a fit.  An all out tantrum.  Even the the store manager came out and all I could hear out if what she was saying was "Ayi".  I believe that means auntie and I felt like she was trying to tell him that she was there for him.  She reached out her hands and tried to hold him. I was not very happy with her, but I think she meant well. 

He was very stubborn today and everything he wanted to do was something he should not be doing.  We felt we wanted to get back to the hotel sooner than we would have if we walked so we took a taxi and tried to get him to sleep before lunch.  In the taxi he kept playing with the power window and kicking the seat of the driver.  I tried to tell him no and hold him back from doing these things and he threw another tantrum.  I am not good with this part.  I am struggling with disciplining him this early.  We have some work to do when we get home, but he is definitely getting more used to us.  I guess that is a really good thing.  We have to remember he has only been with us for a week and he has been through a lot in a week.

We have learned that because Christmas landed on a weekend there are a lot of travellers here.  I think many of the travelers have left now that it is a weekday.  It seems less busy here in the hotel as well as on the streets. So now maybe we can get some pictures of Caleb without everyone being in the background.  We'll see.  Tomorrow we go to our consulate appointment at 2 pm.  The rest of the days we are on our own.  I am not sure what we are going to do.  We are looking forward to getting home.


He loves music!

Night out the window of our hotel.

Night out the window of our hotel with the lighted boats.

Baba and Caleb near the Guandong Folk Art Museum.

Waiting to read the TB test.

Yeah, TB free!
Down the lane of the market.

Dried material at the market (the tall items in front are snake).



0 comments:

Post a Comment

Where are they from?

   

Our furbaby Romeo, is no longer with us.

Our furbaby Montie