We are Tim and Shelly and we are on our journey to adopt a little boy from China.

Join us as we travel on our journey...


Saturday, December 18, 2010

In Xia'n

2:48 PM
2

We arrived in Xi'an at 2:50 pm yesterday.  We were picked up by Jenny our guide for our trip while we are here.  She knows good english.  The ride was about an hour to Xi'an from the arirport.  The airport is in the countryside.  There are 8 million people here (and I thought this was going to be a small town!)  As we traveled many narrow streets it was so surreal again to think we are here.  What I saw on our way here was more of what I thought China looked like--small streets, small vendors along the streets, like alleys. 

We did not get a chance to do much this evening--we will send more photos later.  Today we meet Caleb!  We meet him at 4:00pm.  We will meet with Jenny at 2:00pm to exchange our US dollars and then at 3:45pm we will head to the "office" where they will make sure we are the right parents and he is the right child.

I will post more later.  Pray for us as we meet Caleb.

Love,
Shelly









2 comments:

Shelley said...

Shelly!! Today is the day! I am so excited for all 3 of you! It is noon there and I can imagine what you are doing. If you are like me, your stomach is in knots! Know I am praying for both of you, as well as Caleb. God is so good. I can't wait to see him in your arms! Love~Shelley

Jen said...

Can't wait to see your amazing little boy in his Mommy's arms forever. Have a blessed day and remember to take the time to soak it all in :)

Post a Comment

Where are they from?

   

Our furbaby Romeo, is no longer with us.

Our furbaby Montie