We are Tim and Shelly and we are on our journey to adopt a little boy from China.

Join us as we travel on our journey...


Friday, February 12, 2010

My Heart

7:33 AM
0

It’s another day. I woke up feeling happy in my heart. Valentine’s Day is this weekend. I have a lot to love and be thankful for and I cannot wait to be thankful to Nepal for our son. I so dream of the day that we can meet him.
I haven’t posted more articles on what the media is saying or what Nepal is saying about the alleged corruption in Nepal adoptions. I have not posted these because they were coming so fast and furious, mainly from the media, and I believe in my heart that the Ministry of Women, Children, and Social Welfare is doing everything they can to get adoptions moving. I have a lot of admiration for Nepal for stepping up and putting out these articles and defending themselves and this new adoption program. Because of the report that came out from the Hague Conference on Private International Law, Germany and Sweden have closed (or at least suspended) to Nepal adoptions. Canada is not allowing visas to be given. If a Canadian family gets a referral they cannot accept it at this time. What I cannot understand is how a country can close down to Nepal adoptions when, as far as I know, the report has not been substantiated. It seems to be such a hasty decision. My prayer is that the US will work with Nepal to make sure everything goes transparently.
To say the least, this last week has been a rough week for those of us in the Nepal adoption program. There are definite ups and downs. Feelings of happy, sad, mad, frustrated, loneliness, anger… I have been patient, I have not been patient, I have had hope, at times, no hope—God is telling me to focus on Him.

PLEASE JOIN US IN PRAYER EVERY SUNDAY (the Nepal Prospective Adoptive Parents feel that we need to have this prayer time to pray for Nepal, the Ministry of Women, Children and Social Welfare, and most importantly—the Children.)

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Where are they from?

   

Our furbaby Romeo, is no longer with us.

Our furbaby Montie