We are Tim and Shelly and we are on our journey to adopt a little boy from China.

Join us as we travel on our journey...


Monday, February 22, 2010

While I'm Waiting

3:12 PM
4

I read some good news on a blog by Tonya today and as I was searching her blog looking to find out where they were in the Nepal adoption process, I came across a post of hers which included a video by John Waller with the song "While I'm Waiting".  This happens to be my favorite song because it speaks to me as we wait in this adoption process.  But this video is special in its dedication.  Tina:  I thought a lot about you as I listened and watched this.



The good news was, and I am going to quote from her blog rather than put it into my own words:

"The Ministry has decided to delay for a few months accepting new applications for 2010 while they continue the matching process for the dossiers submitted in 2009. They report that they received 534 dossiers (world wide) in 2009. They expect to be able to match approximately 180 children with adoptive families very soon. The Ministry is planning to continue the matching process through March and the number of referrals will be based on the availability of children within the age/gender parameters set by the adoptive parent's application...." 

I am still hopeful!

4 comments:

Juneau&Kenai said...

Thanks for posting that! I've been looking for songs appropriate for adoption, serving the poor, etc. If you have more let me know! Today I've been belting out Follow You by Leeland. Praying for you guys and all our children!

Tonya said...

I am thrilled to have met you! I love finding other Christian couples adopting from Nepal! I've kinda felt alone with this adoption. When we adopted from China we met TONS of families! I know one other family who is on this journey as well. Anyway I look forward to getting to know you better. I'm off to read your blog!

Andrea said...

It is such a roller coaster ride and anything to help keep focus on the path God has placed us on and give strength is an awesome blessing. I love that song also. Check out our blog if you get a chance neveradullmoment_andrea.blogspot. We love the song by Kutless, What faith can do, our kids call it Alyssa song. We are just getting ready to file our I-600a and our home study is finished. We are so fortunate that as soon as we get our ducks in a row and send our dossier over to Ukraine is is only about 3-5 weeks to meeting and referall. I can't imagine how difficult it has been waiting, do you have a match or do you get that after you get to Nepal.

Shelly & Tim said...

Thank you all for writing. It is so good to know there are others out there going through the same feelings. I am keeping up with all of your journeys. I am praying for us all and that our children will soon be home! God Bless you all!

Post a Comment

Where are they from?

   

Our furbaby Romeo, is no longer with us.

Our furbaby Montie