We are Tim and Shelly and we are on our journey to adopt a little boy from China.

Join us as we travel on our journey...


Friday, February 5, 2010

Well,...

2:20 PM
0

This is a long one. I meant to post some everyday life things such as my sister Kim and Brian my Brother-In-Law, having a baby because I did not have adoption news to post. So I guess I waited too long........but first, I have a new nephew, Kyle! He was born at 1:15 am on January 19th. He is healthy and cute! So now I have 3 nephews on my side. Here are a few photos with Mommy and Daddy, Auntie Shelly and Uncle Tim (us) and Kim with Kyle at home.













Now about the adoption news....because I didn't get around to posting, within the last few weeks there has been some messages from PAP's on the Nepaladopt Yahoo group stating that agencies were hearing that the travel approvals were being approved and should be out by the end of January. The message was also coming through that new referrals would be coming and that agencies were being told that the 2009 dossiers would be matched with in a few months or by the end of March or by the end of April. We were hearing very consistent information, which was exciting. We also heard that the Ministry was not accepting 2010 dossiers until the 2009 dossiers were complete. We also knew there were new people in the Ministry working on adoptions. So I never posted any of that...and just as well...
Then yesterday, when I got into work I logged on to the Yahoo group and saw that the Ministry had posted a new Notice. The last notice on there was from April 30 2009. So you can just imagine the shock I had to know something was posted. Here is the newest Notice.

Date : 4 Feburary, 2010

Government of Nepal
Ministry of Women, Children and Social Welfare
Investigation, Recommendation and Monitoring Committee


Notice

This is to inform all the concerned Embassies/ Diplomatic Missions/Adoption Agencies and Adoptive Parents to take the following notes:
1. For the year 2010, application should be submitted from 15 April, 2010 to 15 July, 2010.
2. Application should be submitted enclosing therewith a checklist of 5 major documents such as Guarantee Letter, Consent Letter, Home Study Report, Medical Report and Character Certificate.
3. Application without valid and complete documents shall not be entertained.
4. Application exceeding the quota shall not be entertained.
5. If it is found that the Agency has, upon receiving allocated quota, submitted an application for further quota, the Ministry shall take necessary action against such Agency.

So this seemed promising. If we were hearing that the Ministry was to be done matching all 2009 dossiers by March/April, this Notice would seem to follow along with that idea. Get the 2009 dossiers matched and then accept 2010 dossiers. Yep, all seemed good. Until I read....

Experts urge Nepal to ban international adoptions
http://pearadoptinfo-nepal.blogspot.com/2010/02/experts-urge-nepal-to-ban-international.html

Nepal 'should suspend' adoptions
http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/south_asia/8497473.stm

Oh my goodness, I nearly cried. Then there was another note for Canadians that due to some concerns raised visas will not be issued for Nepal adoptions. PAP's can have their file at the Ministry but cannot accept a referral. I am sadened for them. I do hope that issue can be resolved soon.

After all this news came at me in a short amount of time and my emotions went from happy to sad and angry I realized that I have to keep my faith and trust that the Lord is in this. Sometimes that is hard for me to do. After the years of struggle to have a child, one child, I say that is not easy to do. I am human, I want to fix the problems, I want, want, want. But when I really think about how selfish I am I can bring myself back and realize the most important thing in my life is the Lord Jesus Christ. So I am back to feeling good about most things and cannot wait to hear about and see the child that the Ministry of Women, Children and Social Welfare has picked out just for us!

I know I forgot some things, probably many things and I will try to keep up.

To all you PAP's that may be reading...I think of you all, all the time! I pray for you. I pray for peace for all of you, those that have been waiting years and those that have been waiting months. I thank God for the Nepaladopt group.

I love you all!

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Where are they from?

   

Our furbaby Romeo, is no longer with us.

Our furbaby Montie